[RMCProfile-users] Weighting of data sets

Chris Kerr cjk34 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jun 3 21:25:40 BST 2014

If the Bragg signal is very weak I would recommend not using it at all; or using a low
QMAX / high DMIN that only includes the largest peaks; this will drastically reduce the
amount of CPU time used.

In version 6.x the WEIGHT keyword, as you have noticed, counterintuitively gives a
stronger weighting when the value of the keyword is smaller.

The weight keyword should be set so that, once you have finished the initial
convergence stage (eliminating e.g. the sharp peaks in the G(r) of an initial configuration
based on the long-range average structure), a typical move gives a change on the order
of +/- 1 in the overall chi^2.