[RMCProfile-users] 1. about the loops. 2. Maximums and minimums of the distance window constraints

youqin5912 youqin5912 at gmail.com
Tue May 23 19:56:34 BST 2017

Thanks for Helen's kind reply, I am doing synchrotron X-ray PDF for the RMC
simulations. The X-ray scattering has a disadvantage about the lighter atoms
comparing with neutron, so I also got many problems when I do RMC to
synchrotron X-ray PDF.
Some question.

1.  I got a very good fitting with just fitting F(Q) and G(r), but why the
RMC fitting go to terrible noise again after I add Bragg data, with an
increased weighting of the F(Q)? Below is the weight setting for my job:

BRAGG ::
  > WEIGHT ::   0.01
XRAY_RECIPROCAL_SPACE_DATA ::
  > DATA_TYPE :: F(Q)
  > WEIGHT :: 0.5

2. For multiple RMC boxes refinement, can I do the the multiple RMC
refinement based on the structure which has a good RMC refinement already?

Bests
Bo

then
>you've probably done "enough" moves. Usually this isn't a problem because
>modern computers generate so many moves so quickly. In terms of running
time,
>depending on my system I've needed everything from 6 to 72 hours.
>
>Best wishes,
>Helen

RMC.