[RMCProfile-users] problem with running a model on linux

Zoltan Varallyay z.varallyay at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 14:36:27 BST 2019

Dear All,

I am trying to build a simple model to calculate SiO2 structures but the
code always stops at checking the MAXIMUM_MOVES section of the dat file
(See error message below). I share the necessary rmc6f and dat file and
also the PDF in my Google Drive (link below), Theoretically this should be
enough to do the calculations according to the manual and it seems that the
manual is right because when I execute rmcprofile under Windows platform it
makes the job. When I try to transfer the execution to a bigger Linux
machine it stops with the error message seen in the attached jpg file
(error_message.jpg).

The test files are available here (Sio2.dat, Sio2.rmc6f, G_r_norm.gr):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SF5to09CX9Fbeo7c66djO3lND6I4CIL9

Your help is highly appreciated!
Best regards,
Zoltan