[RMCProfile-users] Separation between functionally different atoms

Wojciech Slawinski - UKRI STFC wojciech.slawinski at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Feb 13 13:42:31 GMT 2019

Dear Tilan,

Thank you for using RMCProfile. It is indeed a bit confusing but currently, data2config cannot distinguish Oxygens  from different crystallographic sites. Once you start swapping atoms, you will have those mixed in between the sites.

The solution to this, is to call your Ow another atom type. You can choose what you like. The extra line in the *.dat file will be NEUTRON_COEFFICIENT (I know it is really confusing) as described in the manual, using a correct number of electrons for an extra atom type.

If you have any other questions, you can email me directly.

Good luck,

Wojciech Slawinski

Chemistry Department,

University of Warsaw, Poland