[RMCProfile-users] Bragg profile run time error

Supriyo Majumder supriyom at csr.res.in
Tue Dec 15 05:59:38 GMT 2020

Dear Dr. Zhang,
thanks for your reply.

For my system, I have refined long range Bragg profile using fullprof and GSASII, but I don't have Topas setup (it is not open access) for refinement.
I am very much interested to do RMCProfile analysis. Is there any other way to overcome this file format issue? If only the instrument file (.inst) is not in proper format, is it possible to edit the file by putting the values of profile shape parameters manually, so that RMCProfile can recognize it? Will it be possible for you to please send me (if you have) some example files for CW Neutron total scattering RMCProfile study. It would be really a great help for me.

Regarding to your question, I have CW neutron total scattering data, which is a convolution from nuclear Bragg+diffuse and magnetic diffuse contribution. Using RMCProfile I am want to probe mainly the diffuse scattering informations to understand effect of local disorder in the system. My another query is that, is it possible to fit only the neutron real space npdf data in RMCProfile (as in my case Bragg fitting encounters error)?

Please let me know your valuable suggestions.
Thanks.

With sincere regards,
Supriyo