[RMCProfile-users] Huge Chi2 with the initial run

Helen Playford - UKRI STFC helen.playford at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Feb 25 11:12:58 GMT 2020

Hi Arun,

Your example file looks fine to me. We'd expect to get a huge value for the Chi2 when first starting, as all the atoms are on their ideal positions and the agreement with the data is *very* poor! In your example the weighting of the co-ordination constraints are very high so that may also increase the reported Chi2 value (depending on whether you are referring to the total or to the Chi2 for an individual dataset).

It's also possible that there is a problem with the scaling of the data which is making things look even worse. Please feel free to send your files over to me at helen.playford at stfc.ac.uk and I can take a look to check all is in order.

Best wishes,
Helen