[RMCProfile-users] Quantifying mixed site occupancy

Playford, Helen (STFC,RAL,ISIS) helen.playford at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Oct 14 09:56:11 BST 2020

Hi Allan,

I don't know of a pre-existing tool for this, unfortunately. It is often very system specific so it would be challenging to make a generic tool. The simplest way is probably to go through and count the atoms as you have mentioned, but I appreciate that with a large configuration that may be rather onerous. I'd be happy to take a look at your rmc6f file if you'd like, in case I can think of a quicker way of doing it?

Regarding chi^2, the value will change depending on how you've weighted your different datasets, whether you have any constraints, etc, so it's not really possible to say what a "good" number is. If the fit is visually good, the partials look sensible and the model is chemically reasonable then you're in good shape.

Best wishes,
Helen