[RMCProfile-users] Two questions: EXAFS weight question AND syntax error message during simulation

Zhang, Yuanpeng zyroc1990 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 16:16:48 GMT 2020

Hi Lisa,

1. 'WEIGHT' is a parameter assigned to each dataset in RMC fitting which will be combined with the accordingly calculated chi square. The purpose of this is, as its name suggests, to give different weight for multiple datasets involved in the fitting to determine their impact on chi square (thus further upon driving the fitting). So there is probably not a golden rule to follow for using a 'reasonable' weight. However two things to mention, one is that since you only have EXAFS data, probably weight parameter won't take that much effect at all. Second, if you refer to the manual, we have an automatic weight adjustment routine in RMCProfile available. You may want to check that out and let me know if any questions.

2. Concerning your issue with running RMC, I checked your input and found the line '> TYPE(S)_OF_ABSORBING_ATOMS :: O Pd' is wrong. Following '::', it should be provided an integer (or integers) representing atom type. In your case, you may want to put '> TYPE(S)_OF_ABSORBING_ATOMS :: 1 2' instead.

Cheers
Yuanpeng

--

Dr. Yuanpeng Zhang
Computational Instrument Scientist

Oak Ridge National Laboratory
1 bethel valley road, Oak Ridge, TN 37830, US
Mobile: +1(865)-335-4818
Email: zhangy3 at ornl.gov | Web: https://www.iris2020.net <https://www.iris2020.net/>