[RMCProfile-users] [EXTERNAL] Fitting data from SAED

David Keen - STFC UKRI david.keen at stfc.ac.uk
Wed Jun 30 16:00:37 BST 2021

Dear Chris

w.r.t. 1. - yes this is a typo that I then cut and pasted into three typos(!) - f_A(Q) and f(Q)_A should be the same.  F(Q) is a weighted sum of the partial structure factors corresponding to the different atom pairs.  These additional columns give the Q-dependent weightings for each partial structure factor.
w.r.t. 2. - I'm afraid I don't know - this is a question for Yuanpeng to answer
w.r.t. 3. - Ideally your 'N' should be 1 but I know this is difficult to achieve; F_n(Q) = (N*I(Q) - <f(Q)^2>) / (<f(Q)>^2) might be more usual but this is probably semantics as the key is to get a good PDF from the final function and the scaling factor(s) are often hidden in the software packages.  The "/ (<f(Q)>^2)" in your equation is why this is used in the weighting terms listed in my previous message.

Best wishes
Dave