[RMCProfile-users] help with RMCProfile Tutorial

YIYI YAO yiyiyao at ucla.edu
Sat Sep 25 21:50:32 BST 2021

Hello,

I am a graduate student at UCLA and I have some total scattering data of
MoS2 collected at APS that has been FT to obtain a G(r) PDF.

I'd like to use RMC profile to simulate some disordered structures and give
some insight into features in the PDF.

I've downloaded RMCProfile (and Xming), and have just been trying to follow
the exercises in the RMC Tutorial pdf, and am having some trouble with
Exercise 3 (RMC Refinement on SF6). I have copied the files from the "ex_3"
directory, created the "initial_fit" directory, changed the TIME_LIMIT and
SAVE_PERIOD in the ".dat' file to 0.00 minutes, and run the command:

*rmcprofile rmcsf6_190k*

The terminal window output didn't seem to show any errors
[image: image.png]
but it does not seem that a ".out" file or ".braggout" file was produced.
When I tried to follow the next step of plotting the partial radial
distribution functions with the command:

*rmcplot.bat rmcsf6_190k*

[image: image.png]
it seems like the X server timed out or wasn't able to connect? No plot was
generated.

I'm not sure what happened or what the problem is, but it doesn't seem to
have generated any initial fit.

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
Yiyi