[RMCProfile-users] Scale factor

helen.playford at stfc.ac.uk helen.playford at stfc.ac.uk
Tue Apr 21 12:17:44 BST 2015

Hi Alex,

I wonder if we are running into a difference of terminology here. I know some data reduction software uses the term “F(Q)” for a Q-weighted function, whereas RMCProfile does not (we’d call this “QF(Q)” or something like that).

At the moment the X-ray part of the code can only fit the one function (“our” F(Q)), so one option might be for you to divide your data by Q before inputting into RMCProfile. I suspect that a scale factor might still be necessary, but at least it would be a step forward.

Also from your picture it looks like the program has stopped calculating the F(Q) at ~16.5Å-1, whereas the data continue a bit further; is that intentional? If not, the END_POINT :: keyword might be set to fewer points than the data file actually contains.

Best wishes,
Helen