[RMCProfile-users] Several doubts using RMCProfile

HUGO LOPEZ-MARTINEZ hugo.lopez-martinez at ujf-grenoble.fr
Wed Feb 4 14:40:47 GMT 2015

Hello all,

I am using RMCProfile to disorder an hydromagnesite crystalline structure, running the program without any data file. I would like to know if is there any way to make the program write also the S(Q) in the file ".out" in addition to the partials g(r).

Also, I have configured the section POTENTIALS of the file ".dat" as follows:

POTENTIALS ::
> STRETCH :: C O 4.0 eV 1.29 Ang
> STRETCH_SEARCH :: 10%
> ANGLE :: C O O 4.0 eV 120.0 deg 1.29 1.29 Ang
> ANGLE_SEARCH :: 20 deg
> TEMPERATURE :: 295 K

Does the restriction to stretch the distance with a margin of a 10% affects also to the distances introduced in the ANGLE configuration? In other words: is RMCProfile going to apply the angle restraint if the C-O distance is, for example, 1.30Ang instead of 1.29Ang?

Thanks in advance,
Hugo.