[RMCProfile-users] Several doubts using RMCProfile

helen.playford at stfc.ac.uk helen.playford at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Feb 5 08:57:11 GMT 2015

Hi Hugo,

The current version will only write out calculated datasets that match the ones that you input. I have plans to add a ‘dummy_dataset’ flag in the fairly near future, but for the time being you can achieve this effect by putting a NEUTRON_RECIPROCAL_SPACE_DATA :: block in your .dat file and providing a dummy file to the program. Your dummy file will need to contain the Q-range that you want to calculate over as the 1st column and then a 2nd column containing an arbitrary number (e.g. lots of 1s). I would make sure that you set the WEIGHT :: to a large number so the program doesn’t try to fit the flat line!

With regard to your question about potentials, as far as I understand it you are quite correct that the angle search will also use the 10% margin used for the bonds search (I hope someone will correct me if I’m mistaken here).

Let me know if my first paragraph is confusing!

Best wishes,
Helen