[RMCProfile-users] US School on Total Scattering Analysis -August 6-10, 2018 - INVITATION

Tucker, Matthew G. tuckermg at ornl.gov
Tue May 29 22:38:04 BST 2018

Dear RMCProfile users,

We are excited to announce the 2nd US School on Total Scattering Analysis at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, August 6-10, 2018.  Please see the attached flier for details and http://conference.sns.gov/TS-School.

Graduate students, postdoctoral associates, and early career scientists are encouraged to apply but all are very welcome.

This school is aimed at introducing total scattering data and modelling methods, demonstrating their use in understanding complex functional materials, and reviewing recent developments and future directions in the technique. Most of the school will be focused on providing hands-on training with total scattering analysis software, with the balance focused on providing a technical foundation and highlighting exemplary work in the community.

We will select up to 40 participants and please apply by 17th June.  Selected applicants will be notified on or before 2nd July.
Go to http://conference.sns.gov/TS-School and register by selecting ‘Apply to Attend’.  Kindly, indicate what parts of the school you are interested in (and why) including a brief description of your current project/course under the “Reason for Participation” portion of the application. There is no registration fee and most meals will be provided. However, we cannot provide accommodation or travel support to attend this school. To help keep costs down, government rates and room-sharing options will be offered at our guest house on a first come first served basis as rooms are limited or you are welcome to book your own accommodations.  Additional hotel options are listed under ‘Travel Information’. .

Please let us know if you have questions or comments.  We are looking forward to hosting you in Oak Ridge!

Sincerely,
Matt (Kate, Thomas and Simon)

ORNL Organizers:
Katharine Page, Matt Tucker, Thomas Proffen, and Simon Kimber

Matt Tucker
Diffraction Group Leader
Chemical and Engineering Materials Division
Spallation Neutron Source
1 Bethel Valley Road, MS 6475
Oak Ridge, TN 37831