[RMCProfile-users] Issue with multiple scattering paths - EXAFS

Martin Schon martin.schon at ucalgary.ca
Wed Oct 7 17:37:14 BST 2020

Hi RMC community,

I'm trying to use RMC profile to model EXAFS data of amorphous and nanocrystalline metal oxides (NiOx, MoOx). RMCprofile works quite well for amorphous materials where I only use single scattering paths, but for the nanocrystalline materials I need to include multiple scattering paths.

However, as soon as I try to include any multiple scattering paths, the chi^2  and the calculated EXAFS show up as NAN. So I'm guessing that there is a zero hidden somewhere for an expected value, but I've checked all the input files and they (as far as I can tell) look like they're supposed to (compared to the tutorial files).

Has anyone run into this problem and is there a solution?

Thank you already!

Cheers,
Martin

(Sorry if this question has already been posted, I just couldn't find anything in the archives)